I am making use of the plugin ‘Cookie Notice’ for my website. I have several questions about this:
– do I need the plugin to collect cookies?
– what does the cookie notice do exactly?
– what information is stored and where can I see this?
– what can I do with this information?
My main objective is to collect information about my customers.
do I need the plugin to collect cookies?
– nope, you can just custom code that on your site (but every wordpress install is using cookies)
what does the cookie notice do exactly?
– it displays the cookie notice message, stores the information if the consent has been accepted by the user
what information is stored and where can I see this?
– you can see it in your browser privacy settings. the plugin is storing data in cookies_accepted cookie name
what can I do with this information?
– apart from informing the user, you can disable your site functionalities depending on the cookie notice status – whether it’s been accepted or not. the plugin provides an API (a function) to do that on your side
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
How to Get Support
After you register and login to the site, you may post all plugin support questions in the Support Forum.
If you need to provide private info, please create a ticket and then reply to it using Set as private reply option.